Gordon continues to be recognized for its commitment to educational excellence and its financial value. Gordon is one of two Christian colleges in the CCCU (Wheaton College is the other) to be included in both the Princeton Review’s Best 386 Colleges and the US News and World Report's Best National Liberal Arts Colleges. Quality and value: these are the hallmarks of a wise investment with longstanding benefits. Many schools can tout one or the other, but rare is the institution that offers both.
In 2021, Gordon was also listed as the safest private college or university in the U.S. (ranked by stateuniversity.com), remains a top "Green College" (as ranked by Princeton Review) for our commitment to environmental sustainability, and was recognized by LendEDU for the low default rate of graduates with student loans (28th best in Massachusetts).
- Barron’s Profiles of American Colleges
Gordon received the “Very Competitive” ranking in 2020.
- Fiske’s Guide
“Evangelical Christian values are at the heart of almost all aspects of life at this New England college, where faith and religious values set the tone for campus life inside and outside the classroom. The college, founded as a missionary training school ‘to prepare the people of God to do the work of God,’ is always evolving, sharpening its offerings across the board, from neuroscience to music education, and looking to increase its diversity.”
- Edward Fiske continues to include Gordon in its selective annual guide, ranking us in the "inexpensive" private college category.
- Forbes Magazine List of America’s Top Colleges
Gordon was ranked 357 of 650 undergraduate institutions across the country, in the top nine percent of all U.S. colleges and universities in the August 2019 issue.
- Princeton Review
For the eighth year in a row, Gordon College was listed in the Princeton Review's Best 386 Colleges, Best Northeastern Colleges, and Guide to Green Colleges. Gordon has also made their list for "Great Schools for English Literature and Language Majors."
- U.S. News and World Report
Gordon College was placed at number 155 in the 'Best National Liberal Arts Colleges' category. Of the many Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) accredited institutions, only a handful meet the stringent criteria standardized by U.S. News. Gordon is one of only a few Christian liberal arts colleges that are nationally-ranked.
- In 2020, Gordon College's undergraduate elementary teacher preparation program was one of only 15 in the U.S. to earn an A+ by the National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ) for its strong commitment to evidence-based reading instruction - an approach used in all of Gordon's undergraduate and graduate education programs.
- In 2014, Gordon College’s Department of Education received national recognition for graduating top-quality teachers. The undergraduate elementary and secondary programs earned 14th and 32nd spot, respectively, out of the 2,400 elementary, secondary and special education programs across the country included in the National Council on Teacher Quality’s (NCTQ) second edition of the Teacher Prep Review. Gordon is one of only 17 institutions in the entire country—and the only school in Massachusetts—to have both elementary and secondary programs on the Top Ranked lists. Learn more ➔
- In the 2019 edition of College Factual, Gordon College was listed among the top 5 percent of national colleges for Most Focused General English Literature, and Languages and Linguistics; and among the top 10 percent of national colleges for Communication Arts, Philosophy, and Religious Studies. Learn more ➔
Kiplinger's Best College Values 2019 includes Gordon at number 285 of all U.S. colleges and universities and number 117 of all Liberal Art Colleges.
- Washington Monthly ranks Gordon College No. 103 out of 208 national liberal arts Colleges in 2020.
- In June 2013, Gordon was one of the twelve colleges and universities to sign the Green Chemistry Commitment (www.greenchemistrycommitment.org), part of the first national effort to transform university chemistry education. The Green Chemistry Commitment (GCC) is a consortium of universities and industry partners designed to create systemic and lasting change in university-level chemistry education and to increase the number of green chemists and scientists in the U.S. and the opportunities available to them in the field.
- Gordon College was named to the John Templeton Honor Roll for Character-Building Colleges, one of only 100 schools nationwide honored for presidential leadership, spiritual growth programs, and first-year programs.
- Money's Best Colleges ranks Gordon College No. 578 among 739 national colleges in 2020.
In 2016, Gordon was named one of The 50 Most Mission Minded Christian Colleges and Universities by Christian Universities Online, and the Gordon College Athletic Department earned a spot among The 50 Best Christian College and University Athletic Programs.