Prior to starting to work on-campus, there are five new hire forms that students need to complete. Students cannot begin working until these forms are all completed. Please note that students must have been offered a job on-campus before they can complete their I-9 form.
Students will need to bring the necessary identification documents for the I-9 form with them when they come to campus. If they do not do so, they will be delayed in being able to start working. They need to be the ORIGINALS of ID documents. Learn more about which identification documents are needed.
Students should click on the link below to download and print the five new hire forms and the instructions on how to complete them.
NEW HIRE FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS (PDF) ➔
(PLEASE NOTE FORMS NEED TO BE COMPLETED IN PEN. FORM PACKET MUST BE PRINTED SINGLE-SIDED).
PROCESS FOR COMPLETING NEW HIRE PAPERWORK:
- Students will print and complete their new hire forms. Forms need to be completed in pen. Use your home address (not Gordon address) on the forms that ask for an address.
- New hire forms need to be submitted and verified AFTER you have been offered a job but BEFORE you begin working (even one shift).
- Students will bring their five completed new hire forms and the necessary identification documents (see above for more details) to the Student Employment Offices in MacDonald 124 and 119. The identification documents must be the ORIGINALS of documents. We must see the student and the original, unexpired documentation in person in order to verify the I-9. Students cannot begin working until the originals of the ID documents have been verified by Student Employment.
- Students will also bring a photocopy of their ID documents (front and back) with them for Student Employment to keep on file but the student must bring the originals for Student Employment to verify the I-9 with.
- Student Employment will review the completed new hire forms and will verify students' identification documents. Once that is complete, Student Employment will confirm that the student is permitted to begin working.
Contact Student Employment with questions 978.867.4280 or [email protected].