Location: Lane Student Center (lower level)
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.– 4:15 p.m.
Summer: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
NOTE: No Saturday or Sunday hours
Mailbox opening instructions ➔
Tips for FacStaff Mailings ➔
All registered students, both resident and commuter, are automatically assigned a mailbox (4.5" x 3" x 13.75") every August. All incoming mail and parcels are delivered to student mailboxes, not residence halls. All campus information is delivered through the campus mail system.
Stamps may be purchased and parcels mailed during the hours listed above. All items to be mailed should be properly prepared and ready for shipment before they are taken to the Mailroom. Parcel preparation and consultation are available from the Mailroom Manager. Outgoing mail is taken each morning to the South Hamilton Post Office (at 8 a.m.).
Mailroom Customer Guidelines
The following address format is required on all incoming student mail. Make sure to include your Box Number (Mailstop) on ALL incoming mail and packages for a speedy delivery. The desired format is as follows:
Your Name — Box XXXX
255 Grapevine Road
Wenham, MA 01984-1813
- While we do want you to put your Box Number on everything, DO NOT WRITE “PO”, as this will confuse the Post Office, and likely cause your package to be delivered to the PO Box at the Post Office.
- Please let us know if you have recently acquired a NEW ID CARD as this will affect how we locate your packages.
- If you have not received an E-MAIL TODAY from the mailroom, please wait until you do so before asking about your package. Just because you got a delivery confirmation from the company, does not mean we have processed it yet, and asking about it interrupts our processing system, delaying your package further. If it has been more than a day with no e-mail, feel free to ask us about it, while providing a tracking number.
- We no longer accept BILLS LARGER THAN $20 as we do not keep a lot of cash on hand. Exceptions will be considered if the change due back is less than $10, or we have $20 bills in the register. All exceptions must be approved by the Mailroom Manager. We now also have a credit card machine for charges higher than $5.
- We do not carry a lot of STAMPS on hand, so we can only sell a maximum of 3 books per person. If you require more, you will have to go to the post office.
- We cannot GRAB YOUR MAIL for you. Student mail will have to be accessed from the front of your box. If you are having trouble opening your box, let us know, and we can help! To get your BOX COMBO, photo ID will be REQUIRED.
- All packages will be RETURNED AFTER A MONTH to sender if not collected. Please be prompt in picking up packages once you get an e-mail from us.
- It is the student’s responsibility to complete a change of address at the Mailroom when leaving campus either permanently or temporarily (e.g. for co-op assignment, off-campus program, practicum, consortium, etc.). Email the Mailroom for address changes. Please note, mail can only be forwarded for up to 1 year.