Welcome to the Economics and Business Department at Gordon College! We offer four majors—Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, and Finance. In co-operation with the Political Science Department, we also offer an inter-disciplinary major in International Affairs. With more than 200 students majoring in these fields and seven full-time faculty members serving them, we are one of Gordon’s largest departments.
Strong teaching, committed to linking faith and the business world:
- Average class size is just 22—there’s lots of good interaction between students and faculty
- Comprehensive coursework emphasizing economic principles, quantitative methods, and sophisticated applications
A great track record!
- Our grads are top performers in professional certification exams (CPA, CFA, CFP, etc)
- Outstanding record of graduate school acceptances
- Success at finding first jobs in business
- International Business concentration
- Study-abroad programs ideal for ECB students (see below), many with internships
- International Affairs major, jointly-offered with Political Science, for studying global politics and economics
- Emphasis on global thinking, vital for business today
- Faculty with international experience
Liberal arts orientation
- Sharpens your speaking, writing and analytical skills
- Prepares you not only for your first job, but also for the job you’ll have 15 years from now
- Equips you to think about your career in terms of Christian stewardship, leadership, and vocation.