Gordon is pleased to announce the Margaret C. Wright Memorial Alumni Award. This award is in honor of Gordon alumna Margaret Wright, who graduated in 2017 with a dual licensure in Early Childhood and English as a Second Language. The award honors her legacy and passion as a young kindergarten teacher at the Cornerstone Schools of Washington, D.C. The Wright Alumni Award will recognize the work of a Gordon graduate who teaches among underserved communities, providing $10,000 to the alum and $10,000 to the school where he or she teaches.
Please submit the following application by March 1 at 11:59 p.m. EST to email@example.com. The award will be distributed annually to the recipient at the Gordon College Homecoming Awards ceremony.
The application packet should include the following:
1) Why were you called to be an educator in an underserved community?
2) What is your teaching philosophy?
3) Share your current teaching experience within your current classroom and school.
4) How long have you been teaching in underserved communities?
5) If selected, how would the award help your classroom and school, in both the short and long-term? How do you plan to use the funds for your classroom or school?
If selected, you will complete the following:
For inquiries or questions on the award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.