Thank you for visiting www.gordon.edu/visa — your resource for all forms and items related to your F-1 international student status in the U.S. Please work with Ms. Caroline Dixon (firstname.lastname@example.org) on anything listed here; she is the Director of International Initiatives and Operations, and she is the SEVIS PDSO for Gordon College.
Undergraduate F-1 Students
Master's-Level F-1 Students
All F-1 Students
- Transfer a SEVIS Record to Gordon College
- RCL: Reduced Course Load
- CPT: Curricular Practical Training
- OPT: Optional Practical Training - post-completion OPT and STEM-extension
- SSN: Social Security Request Letter
- Email Caroline to ask, and include a picture of your Job Offer Letter
- RMV: Proof of Residency Letter
- Email Caroline to ask, and include your current address
- Visitor Invitation
- Email Caroline to ask, and include information about the visitor: full name, date of birth, passport country, relation to you the student, reason he/she is visiting, approximate length of stay in the U.S. (in weeks), and the month he/she plans to arrive in the U.S.
- Taxes and Reporting Obligations
- Complete Blank Forms:
- Form 8843 (all F-1, even those who did not work), Form 1040NR (all F-1 who worked in U.S. and earned at least $1; no more "Form 1040NR-EZ" available), Massachusetts Form 1-NR/PY (all F-1 who worked in Massachusetts and earned at least $4,400).
- Reference Filled Forms:
- W2 from your employer (W2 lookup: employee self-service, click Sign Up, company = Gordon, email Student Payroll for help), 1042-S for a taxable scholarship, and both 1095-B and 1099-HC from your health insurance company.
- Get Help Calculating:
- Access with Gordon College Login:
- Professional Help:
- Sprintax is the company that we recommend for complex tax preparation (e.g., married not single; working in multiple states; using a tax treaty with countries such as China, Korea, India, and some countries in Europe). Email Caroline for a $5 discount code for the Federal Forms.
Registrar's Office Quick-Links