Valued current or potential, patient, client or member,
We wanted to share with you the many ways in which you can continue or begin to receive services from The Center for Balance, Mobility and Wellness. We understand that this is a challenging time for all due to COVID-19 and appreciate that many of our patients, members and clients are considered vulnerable due to age and/or underlying health conditions. With that being said, we also acknowledge the need to stay healthy, gain strength and improve mobility for safe, vibrant and independent living.
Per the Massachusetts Health and Human Services Reopening Guidelines, physical therapy is deemed an essential service, and as a result, the Center is able to see our patients in-person using our best clinical judgment. Whenever possible, we continue to utilize telehealth services for minimizing our patients’ risk of exposure to the virus. However, we are able to provide in-person services when they are deemed urgent, cannot be delivered remotely and could lead to a high risk of worsening of the patient’s condition if deferred. Determining the most effective care delivery is best decided between the patient and the therapist. Please see the details below for both our Physical Therapy and Wellness services regarding our current and future operational plans.
1. Direct In-Person Care – be seen by your therapist at the Center using best practice for minimizing spread of the virus, including symptom screening, assessing temperature, good hygiene, appropriate use of PPE, sanitizing/disinfecting surfaces and equipment and social distancing. Our Center is large, and we are able to well exceed the guidelines for social distancing for our staff and clients. Go here to view "A Safe and Successful Physical Therapy visit at the Center" document
2. CBMW at Home – be seen at your home by one of our therapists using best practice for minimizing spread of the virus including symptom screening, assessing temperature, good hygiene, appropriate use of PPE, sanitizing/disinfecting surfaces and equipment, and social distancing.
3. Telehealth Visits - be seen by your therapist via audio/video connection. This is now covered by both Medicare and commercial insurance. For those with commercial insurance, the video capability is not necessary. Go here to view "Telehealth patient information form", Go here to view "Telehealth patient consent form"
4. Telephone assessment and management – only available for our current Medicare patients via telephone appointment. This is an option for those who do not have video capability for telehealth. This is covered by Medicare but not commercial insurance.
5. Support—through our on-line exercise videos. Watch videos ➔
We are confident in our ability to serve you effectively despite the need to alter the way we deliver our care. In response to these challenges, many positive changes have already emerged that will remain a part of our practice for the future.
Our Business Is Ramping Back Up with You In Mind!
What we are doing:
What we are asking of our clients:
We look forward to beginning or continuing our relationship with you and thank you for entrusting us with your care. If you have further questions, please contact CBMW therapy at 978-867-4095 and CBMW Wellness at 978-867-4134.
Best Regards and Good Health,
Marie Lucey, PT, GCS, Clinical Director
Andrew Walker, BS, ACE-CPT, SFS, Wellness Director