While Gordon in Orvieto offers a rich experience in the arts and culture of pre-modern Europe suited particularly to students of fine art and the humanities, the program welcomes applications from students from any college or university who:
- Make the statement of Christian faith expected of students at Gordon College
- Agree to abide by the College's behavioral standards
- Satisfy criteria set by the Global Education Office.
- Have sophomore standing or above
- Have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
Gordon College Life and Conduct Statement ➔
In addition to the general qualifications above, the following are requirements that must be met, with or without reasonable accommodation, in order to complete all essential elements of the program in Orvieto. All participants must be able to:
- Tolerate the use and presence of industrial grade art supplies involving chemicals and solvents.
- Participate in regular communal meals based on a local diet and with limited control over food choices.
- Navigate multiple irregular surfaces and walk/travel up to 10 miles in a day independently. (Extensive walking, as well as travel throughout ancient cities and towns with narrow passageways and many stairs, are part of the regular life of the semester.)
- Anticipate having sufficient emotional wellness to fully participate in the program safely and successfully despite the limited availability of frequent access to psychological services.
This application requests information that will be used to evaluate your eligibility for a Gordon-sponsored program. Gordon College reserves the right to grant admission to these programs based on academic performance, moral maturity and personal motivation.
It is the student's responsibility to print off the reference forms below and request those of faculty and student affairs references in a timely manner.
The following supporting items must be received by the Global Education Office by the application deadline:
Applications will not be considered complete until all materials have been received.
Send application fee and all printed forms to:
Global Education Office
255 Grapevine Road
Wenham, MA 01984
- Gordon students must submit their online seat applications for Gordon IN Orvieto and sign up for an interview by March 1. All other supporting materials must be received by March 5.
- Non-Gordon applicants must submit their online application and all supporting materials by March 15.
- Gordon students must submit their online seat applications for Gordon IN Orvieto and sign up for an interview by September 30. All other supporting materials must be received by October 5.
- Non-Gordon applicants must submit their online application and all supporting materials by October 15.
If you have questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978.867.4399.