JUD Talks 2023 Auditions
Live Auditions | February 2023, Date TBD | 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. (15 Minute Slots)
Sign-Up for a slot here ➔ (Coming Soon)
Pre-Recorded Audition Submissions | Due by Date TBD
Please email your recorded speech to TBD via YouTube, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, or Dropbox.
- The event is open to all current Gordon College students
- Please aim for 8-10 minutes for your audition (a speech on a topic of your choice)
- Along with your zoom audition or video recording, please submit a speech outline including a bibliography of cited sources
- The best speeches integrate faith and learning. Please visit gordon.edu/judtalks for more specifics on content and delivery.
- The final competition is April 19th, 2023 at 7 p.m. with mandatory dress rehearsals on the 17th and 18th
- For questions, please email [email protected] or [email protected]
View the 2021 JUD Talks ➔
JUD Talks—The Adoniram Judson Gordon Memorial Speech Competition
Sponsored by Gordon College Communication Arts
This competitive event features TED-inspired student speeches designed to motivate and inspire the Gordon College community.
Contestants must develop and deliver an original 8–10 minute extemporaneous speech. The best speeches connect to the values of the Gordon College community, feature excellence in content and delivery, and include the following elements:
Clear organizational structure
Presentation of a big idea
Appropriate use of emotional/logical appeals
Appropriate use of supporting materials
Connection of topic to the audience
Call to action
Use of visual aids
The final round will be held on Wednesday, April 19. The event will be open to the public and live-streamed on the Gordon College Facebook page. A panel of judges will determine the top three winners, who will receive cash prizes. The audience votes on a People’s Choice award.
Watch The Full Competition!