Students working on green chemistry projects present their work at American Chemical Society national meetings.
The titles of recent posters and talks:
- Greener oxidation options: Molybdate-catalyzed synthesis of conjugated aldehydes and ketones
- Selective oxidation of benzyl alcohol to benzaldehyde: A green chemistry laboratory experiment
- BGB-20 ecoSoap: Utilizing biodiesel glycerin by-product in the large scale preparation of soap to illustrate the principles of green chemistry
- Okra seed oil biodiesel: Investigating underutilized seed oils as potential biofuels
- Measuring ecotoxicity: Green chemistry experiment for the undergraduate laboratory curriculum
- Green chemistry curriculum development to empower outreach to middle- and high-school students and teachers
- Comparative ecotoxicity of petroleum diesel, biodiesel from waste fryer oil and biodiesel from unused fryer oil
- Synthesis and photochromism of 6-nitrospiropyran: A green chemistry preparation for organic chemistry laboratory
- Synthesis of beta-acetamido ketones: A green multicomponent reaction for the organic chemistry laboratory.
- Daphnia ecotoxicology: An interdisciplinary green chemistry laboratory experience for concurrent organic chemistry and animal physiology courses.
- Multicomponent zeolite-catalyzed synthesis of ?-acetamido ketones: A green chemistry laboratory experience
- Analyzing green chemistry: A description of metrics with applications in academia and industry