How do I find the MAC address of my device
If you are not comfortable with the following instructions, you can visit the CTS Helpdesk in Jenks 317 for assistance.
A MAC (Media Access Control) address is a unique identifier assigned to a network card. The MAC Address can also be called the Ethernet Hardware Address (EHA), Ethernet ID, Physical Address, Hardware Address, or Adapter Address.
MAC addresses are normally 12 digits long (numbers 0-9 and letters A-F) and are in the form of 6 groups of two digits separated either by hyphens (-) or colons (:) or shown just as a 12 digits. Here are some examples: 5C-26-0A-5A-C6-3B, 00:0d:93:64:50:f2, 0030C131739F
To find your MAC address, follow the instructions below or or navigate to Google on your computer and search "How do I find the MAC address for <Insert name of device>".
Microsoft XBOX 360
- From the XBox Dashboard, select System > Network Settings
- Select Edit Settings > Additional Settings > Advanced Settings, then Wireless Information.
- The MAC address is displayed on this screen.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, select Main Menu > Settings
- Select Network Settings.
- The MAC address is displayed in the lower right hand corner of this screen.
- From the Wii channel menu, select Wii Options (the round button on the bottom-left of the screen with "Wii" on it).
- Select the Wii Settings button.
- Select the right arrow to enter the second page of settings.
- Select the Internet option.
- Select the Console Information option.
- The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the first line.
Sony Playstation 3 and Playstation Portable (PSP)
- From the Main Menu, select Settings > System Settings.
- Select System Information.
- This screen will display your MAC address.
Sony Playstation 2 – slimline
- Turn on the console without a disc in the drive.
- From the Main Menu, press the Triangle button to display the System Information screen.
- The MAC address will be displayed on this screen.
Sony Playstation 2 - original
If you've added a network port, you'll need the "Network Startup Disc" or "Network Access Disc" to find the MAC address.
- Turn on the console with the disc in the disc tray.
- When the connection testing fails, press the Select button on the controller for help.
- The MAC address should be displayed in a Help prompt.
Navigate to Google on your computer and search "How do I find the MAC address for <Insert name of device>".