How do I find the MAC address of my device?
If you are have any issues with the following instructions, please visit the CTS Helpdesk in Jenks 317, or contact us via telephone (978.867.4500) or email (CTS@gordon.edu).
A MAC (Media Access Control) address is a unique identifier assigned to a network card. The MAC Address can also be called the Ethernet Hardware Address (EHA), Ethernet ID, Physical Address, Hardware Address, or Adapter Address.
MAC addresses are normally 12 digits long (numbers 0-9 and letters A-F) and are in the form of 6 groups of two digits separated either by hyphens (-) or colons (:), or shown just as 12 digits. Here are some examples: 5C-26-0A-5A-C6-3B, 00:0d:93:64:50:f2, 0030C131739F
To find your MAC address, follow the instructions below or or navigate to Google on your computer and search "How do I find the MAC address for <Insert name of device>."
Microsoft XBOX 360
- From the XBox Dashboard, select System > Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings > Additional Settings > Advanced Settings, then "Wireless Information."
- The MAC address is displayed on this screen.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, select Main Menu > Settings.
- Select "Network Settings."
- The MAC address is displayed in the lower right hand corner of this screen.
Microsoft XBOX One
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Select "Network."
- Select "Advanced Settings."
- The MAC address will be listed next to Wireless MAC on the right hand side of the screen. (This is also where the IP address and other information is located.)
- From the Wii channel menu, select "Wii Options" (the round button on the bottom-left of the screen with "Wii" on it).
- Select "Wii Settings."
- Select the right arrow to enter the second page of settings.
- Select "Internet."
- Select "Console Information."
- The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the first line.
Nintendo Wii U
- From the Wii U Menu, select "System Settings."
- Using the left stick, select the "Internet" icon and press the "A" button.
- Select "View MAC Address" and wait a moment for the MAC address to be displayed.
- Go into System Settings.
- Select "Internet Settings."
- Select "Other Information."
- Select "Confirm MAC Address."
- The MAC Address is displayed on the screen.
Sony Playstation 4
- Find the "System Settings" icon and select the X.
- Click "System Information" and press the X.
- Your Mac Address will display.
Sony Playstation 3 and Playstation Portable (PSP)
- From the Main Menu, select Settings > System Settings.
- Select "System Information."
- This screen will display your MAC address.
Sony Playstation 2 – slimline
- Turn on the console without a disc in the drive.
- From the Main Menu, press the Triangle button to display the System Information screen.
- The MAC address will be displayed on this screen.
Sony Playstation 2 - original
If you've added a network port, you'll need the "Network Startup Disc" or "Network Access Disc" to find the MAC address.
- Turn on the console with the disc in the disc tray.
- When the connection testing fails, press the "Select" button on the controller for help.
- The MAC address should be displayed in a Help prompt.
Navigate to Google on your computer and search "How do I find the MAC address for <Insert name of device>".