Gordon College is here to help you properly maintain your status as an F-1 visa student. The Director of International Initiatives and Operations at Gordon College is Caroline Dixon. She can be reached at email@example.com, 978.867.4020, or at her desk in Frost Hall, first floor, off the lobby. The forms below may be used for some common visa-related activities while you are a student. For anything else, please contact Caroline directly and she will be glad to help you!
Downloadable Forms, in PDF form:
Web Forms on the Go Site, Requiring Student Login:
- Social Security Number Letter
- Please note that you should complete this form AFTER you have been offered a job to work on-campus at Gordon College and BEFORE you begin actually working at that job.
- It is not possible to get a Social Security Number before the first day of classes during your first semester.
- It is not possible to get a Social Security Number without a job offer, except in certain cases when the student is applying for OPT.
- Proof of Residency Letter
- This is an official letter from the College, confirming that you are living in the state of Massachusetts.
- You can use this letter to help with getting a bank account and a driver's license in the state of Massachusetts.
- Here are some outside resources for students seeking a DRIVERS LICENSE:
- Travel Letter
- Please note that a "travel letter" is NOT officially required for re-entry into the U.S.
- The required documents for re-entry into the U.S. are: (1) Passport, (2) F-1 Visa in your passport, and (3) most-recent I-20 with Travel Signature on page 2 — all documents must be valid and not expired.
- Visitor Invitation Letter
- If your parents, family, or friends are planning to visit you in the U.S., you may request a "visitor invitation letter" from the College.
- This type of letter is NOT required for entry into the U.S., but it may be considered during the Tourist Visa (B1 Visa) application process for your family members.