Gordon College logo

Sexual Assault, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Harassment

View the Gordon College policy on Sexual Misconduct

Getting Help


  • Call Gordon Police at 978-867-3333
  • Or dial 911 for local law enforcement and emergency services

If you have been sexually assaulted or have experienced an incident of sexual misconduct, take steps to ensure your safety:

  • Go to a safe place. Go to a friend’s room or a place where there are people around, then call for help.
  • Tell someone. Call campus or local police, or call a friend.
  • Get medical help. Police or a friend can take you to an emergency room. Try to preserve physical evidence by not showering or changing clothes. Get screened for STDs.
  • Seek support. The Gordon College Counseling Center (978-867-4301) can speak with you confidentially and connect you with on-campus and off-campus resources.
  • Report the incident to the College. Contact your RD, a member of the CSD staff, or any trusted College employee to report an incident of sexual misconduct.

What happens if you make a campus report of sexual misconduct?

All reports of sexual misconduct will be reported to the Title IX Coordinator. You have the choice of whether or not to request an investigation by a member of the Title IX Team. In all cases, the College will make every reasonable effort to respect your wishes and protect your privacy. A full description of the investigation procedure is in the Sexual Misconduct Policy.

The members of the Title IX Team are listed here www.gordon.edu/titleix.


If you report a incident of sexual misconduct, tangential infractions of College policy, such as alcohol use or visiting hours, will not be investigated except in cases where there is an overriding safety concern.