How will financial gifts be used?
The La Vida Center for Outdoor Education and Leadership offers six programs for school-aged children through adults. The programs work with a variety of individuals and groups from churches, schools, social service agencies, businesses and others. The programs include La Vida College Expeditions, Adirondack Summer Expeditions, Adventure Camp, Discovery, the Rock Gym and GORP.
The La Vida Belay Team Includes People Who:
- Realize the importance of fostering personal growth and spiritual renewal.
- Believe in the need to provide adventure rather than just entertainment, and challenges rather than easy answers.
- Know the special commitment required to maintain La Vida's wilderness and adventure ministries.
- Want to assist with the future development of the La Vida Center to address growing needs for experiential discipleship and adventure experiences with meaning and purpose.
- Want to connect students and youth with the natural world and teach an appreciation, respect and stewardship for God's creation.
Why Join the Belay Team?
Since the summer of 1970, La Vida has provided Christian outdoor adventure experiences to foster personal discovery, develop character and leadership, and encourage deeper commitment to Jesus Christ. Over the past 40 years, thousands of people have cherished La Vida for its importance in their lives. Future generations will be indebted to those who have cared and sacrificed to make La Vida available and affordable. With the help of alumni, friends and supporters, La Vida can continue to impact the lives of individuals—and therefore the world—and help develop leaders for the future.
Gifts in the past have been used for:
- Purchasing the 74-acre Base Camp near Lake Placid, New York.
- A new roof on the main building and the barn, where celebrations are held at the Base Camp
- Refurbishing both the Massachusetts and New York challenge courses.
- Creating a meeting and training room in Conrad Hall, where the La Vida offices are located on campus.
- Replacing much of the worn-out equipment that keeps students warm and safe in the wilderness.
- Purchasing two mini-busses for transporting student groups.
- Buying a new fleet of kayaks and canoes, complete with trailers to transport them.
- Supporting service-learning trips to Kenya, Romania, Ecuador and South Africa to construct challenge courses and offer program development and technical training to staff ministry teams.
Support La Vida's programs of service. Click here to make your gift. Please specify "La Vida" as the gift designation.