Here’s a general snapshot of what you’ll be doing as part of Orientation Welcome Week. Stay tuned for a more detailed schedule of events!
DAY 1: MOVE-IN DAY
Get settled into your new home at Gordon!
- Start off your day with a warm welcome from President and Mrs. Lindsay
- Get settled into your residence hall (with more than a little help from the orientation and residence life staff)
- Meet your roommate(s) and floormates
- Go to the A. J. Gordon Memorial Chapel for Welcome Week’s “Opening Program”
- Enjoy dinner outside on the quad
DAY 2: FAMILY DAY
This day is set aside for families to take care of some important to-dos and spend some quality time together before saying goodbye.
- Run some errands to pick up last-minute items
- Enjoy an outdoor picnic on us
Sign your name on a scroll during the “Signing Ceremony” to officially commemorate your act of joining the Gordon College Community. *Parents and families are invited too
DAY 3: BOSTON DAY
It’s time to explore the city and some of its quintessential (and tasty) hallmarks.
- Start off Sunday with a church service in Boston
- Walk around the Boston Common
- Get some grub at Quincy Market
- See some historical sites like Old North Church (the starting point for Paul Revere’s revolutionary ride)
Swing by an Italian pastry shop for a cannoli or two!
DAY 4: ACADEMIC DAY
Time to exercise those book smarts!
- Get some face time with professors and students in your major
- Finalize fall classes with your academic advisor
- Learn about all of the people (and departments) on campus who are here to support your academic journey
DAY 5: STUDENT LIFE DAY
Do what you love or try something completely new—in terms of college extracurriculars
- Check out various opportunities for discipleship and spiritual formation
- Find out what student clubs are doing
- Apply for an on-campus job (or three) at the Orientation Welcome Week job fair