Students who know or have studied a language not otherwise tested at Gordon may opt to take the BYU-FLATS exam in that language in order to meet (validate) their CORE language requirement.
Students who have submitted a TOEFL, IELTS, or qualifying score on an SATII subject test to the College for admissions do not need to take one of these exams.
The College will offer a session each semester for students to take this exam on campus. Students should give this a high priority as an academic requirement. Announcements of this date will be made well in advance in Student News and on this page.
1. Check the languages offered below.
2. Watch for the date for the next exam.
3. When completing BYU-FLATS registration, please note the following information:
Proctor Information: Bonnie Ross, Humanities Department, Gordon College, 255 Grapevine Road, Wenham, MA 01984, (978) 867-4568, email@example.com
Additional results sent to: Virginia Mayne, Registrar's Office, Gordon College, 255 Grapevine Road, Wenham, MA 01984, (978) 867-4244, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Register for a BYU-FLATS exam. You will need a credit card and your proctor's information (please see above).
5. Next BYU-FLATS exam on Gordon's campus: Please note - the date and time have been changed to Wednesday, April 11, 2018 in Room 118, Ken Olsen Science Center, starting at 5:30 p.m.
6. Information Session regarding the FLATS exam will be held: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 in Jenks 211, at 4:45 p.m.
*Consult with your advisor about how to meet the fourth semester early at Gordon.
List of languages available for online testing at $50:
The following languages are available only as pencil and paper tests that cost $75. We recommend that students register at least a month in advance of the on-campus testing date in order to take these exams. Our on-campus proctor and registrar representative will be the same as for all other exams on this page.
Afrikaans, Aymara, Cakchiquel, Guarani, Maori, Navajo, Quechua, Rarotongan, and Welsh
Day of the Test
If you have registered for a BYU-FLATS exam, please read through the following information.
What to bring:
Leave all other (valuable) personal items in your room.
Please take care of all "personal needs" prior to entering the testing session. Once a test has begun, it must be completed without interruption.
Check back for announcements.