New Student Orientation is the first step in providing you with a supportive and challenging college experience. You will learn more about the College's resources and the people who are here to help you prepare for a successful educational venture. Gordon is blessed with a dedicated community of faculty, staff and students.
This year, January Orientation will take place from Sunday, January 12th through Wednesday, January 15th. See below for a more specific Orientation Schedule.
Before you arrive on campus, there are a few important tasks for you to accomplish:
- Using the New Student Wizard, set up your Gordon username and email.
You will need to use your birthdate and student ID to complete this step. Your student ID will be emailed to you.
- Begin working through GC101. GC101 is an online “pre-orientation” introduction to the College. You will need to:
- Begin your course registration form
- Choose your outdoor education requirement: La Vida (summer) or Discovery (academic year)
- Foreign language placement test
- Confirm your attendance at Orientation online ➔
- Log into Gordon 360 and submit your student ID photo
- Fill out your billing contract
- Sign up for a payment plan
- Housing Questionnaire
- Medical Questionnaire: requires a physician’s visit; document necessary requirements
- Complete your profile on Gordon's online career and recruitment center, Handshake.
- Review the Student Orientation schedule below and begin planning your arrival.
January Orientation Schedule (each student will receive a detailed schedule at arrival)
Move-In Day: Sunday, January 12
|Residence Hall Arrival for New Residents
||2 p.m.–5 p.m.
|Parent Reception & Information Session with Campus Administrators
|Student Welcome Reception & Dinner
Academic Day: Monday, January 13 (Meal Plan Begins)
|Breakfast & Dining Services Orientation
|Big Questions, Big Ideas: Introduction to Faith & Learning at Gordon
Personal Academic Advising Session
Gordon Insider's Tour: Getting around Campus (classrooms, offices, library, study spaces, technology...)
Academic Success & Academic Life Sessions
Career and Internship Experiences
F-1 VISA Student session (required)
| ...more to follow... including a mall shopping run & activity (after dinner)
Student Life Day: Tuesday, January 14
Student Life Connections
Spiritual Life, Chapel, Ministries and Missions, and Local Church Connections
Fitness, Health & Wellness, and Campus Recreation & Athletics
Residence Life and Living & Learning
...getting your room settled, too.
|9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Spring Term begins: Wednesday, January 15
|Breakfast open (Lane Student Center)
||7:15 a.m.–9:45 a.m.
|Spring classes begin
||8 a.m. & following
Boston Day: Saturday, January 18
Head into Boston!
Visit downtown Boston, tour local sights. Meals and transportation are provided.
|9 a.m.–4 p.m.