The Gordon Game Change is the latest innovation in nearly a decade of proactive new initiatives and strategic decisions designed to set up Gordon for success in the present and the future. Here is just a sample of new programs, milestones and notable accomplishments.
- Named safest private college in the U.S.
- Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership founded, the first such center at a Christian College focused on finding creative, entrepreneurial solutions for real-world issues.
- First cohort of students took part in global internships in Beijing, London, New Zealand, Rio de Janeiro, and other locations around the country and the globe.
- Created four First-year Fellows programs to give exceptional opportunities to first-year students. Program expanded again in 2020 with two more programs.
- Launched the Council of 125, which shaped the 20/20 Project—our current strategic plan.
- Launched the Global Honors Institute as the institutional umbrella for Gordon’s unique honors offerings.
- Launched Gordon Plus, giving current Gordon the opportunity to start Master’s programs early, get free graduate classes, and graduate faster.
- Introduced a 12-month payment plan to ease the burden on families.
- Launched the quiet phase of the Faith Rising comprehensive campaign.
- Launched the Master of Science in Financial Analysis program.
- Reinvigorated the Gordon College Foundation for managing real estate and business development.
- Launched the Career and Connection Institute, bringing together career services, academic advising, student success, alumni connections and has helped increase internship placement 78% over the last 10 years.