"If you want impact, sometimes you have to build it yourself"
What if you had 36 hours to build a venture?
CEL is bringing you the chance to stretch your creative muscles and test your ideas in one weekend*. You'll be amazed at what can be accomplished in 36 hours! Students bring the passion. We lend ideas, team members and tools to build something strong enough to withstand the waves.
*Passion required, sleep optional
WHAT KIND OF IDEAS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
This is a weekend to do something practical about the stuff you talk about wanting to do:
- That problem you've always wanted to do something about
- That product that you have dreamed of making
- That service you see needed
- That business or non-profit you want to launch
You can either:
- Bring your own idea and start a team
- Be inspired by others' ideas and join a team
You DO Need
You DO NOT Need
Willingness to work with others
A business major or expertise in business planning
Commitment to your project after you finish
WINNING TEAMS RECEIVE:
- Up to $500 in prize money
- Automatic "finalist" status in the Social Venture Challenge
- Open to all years, all majors who want to work together to make things happen
- Free registration
- Sign up as an individual or with a group
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The full, detailed schedule will be presented at the Opening Kick-Off on Friday. Here's an overview of what this fast-paced weekend has in store:
Friday, November 10 (KOSC, Chairman's Room)
- 7:00 p.m. // Kick-Off (Open to all of campus—walk-ins welcome!)
- 7:30 p.m. // Open Mic for 60-Second Idea Sharing (share your idea or listen to others)
- 8–10 p.m. // Team Up & Get to Work! (coffee and cookies provided for sustenance)
Saturday, November 11 (WorkBar Co-Working Space, Danvers)*
- 10 a.m.–5 p.m. // Team Work
- Market Research
- Develop Prototype
- Meet with Expert, Real-World Mentors
- Customer Validation
- We supply you with free food for fuel!
*Don't have a car? We got you covered! Transportation provided to and from WorkBar leaving Chapel Loop at 9:45 a.m. and departing WorkBar to campus at 5:15 p.m.
Sunday, November 12 (KOSC, Chairman's Room)
- 1–7 p.m. // Team Work
- Idea Refinement
- Practice for Pitch
- 7–8 p.m. // Final Pitch! (Open to all of campus!)
- Each team will present to a panel of outside judges who will be judging on three basic criteria: size of problem, impact of solution, and sustainability of impact.
- 8–9 p.m. // Awards & Ice Cream Sundae Bar
DeWayne Davenport '98, DavCard Group
Michael Wheeler, Wheeler Design Group
Steven Byler '02, GrowthLab Financial Services
Paul Parisi, SaviorLabs
Jay Batson, Sigma Prime Ventures