If you are a Gordon student and are interested in applying for a financial aid grant from Gordon College through the CARES Act, an application process will be available by May 22, 2020.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund - Student Aid
The following information is for the Department of Education as a stipulation of our grant agreements and was updated on September 20, 2020.
- Gordon College acknowledges the execution of our Certification and Agreement Department of Education on April 14, 2020. We acknowledge and accept all items within the agreement including the distribution of 50% of the funds received under 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Gordon College received a total of $655,626 to support Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- As of Septemer 20, 2020, 380 grants totaling $478,298 have been provided. Gordon College's application process launched on May 22, 2020.
- The total estimated number of Gordon College students who are eligible to participate in the program under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, is 1,321.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 254.
- Gordon College's administration has approved the development of an online application process. The application process will be reviewed and managed by the Student Life Department with support from the Student Financial Services Department. Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis and students will be notified. Students may apply for up to $1,000. However, amounts higher will be considered on a case by case basis. Upon approval of a grant, the Controller's office will oversee the process of student payments.
- The institution will utilize a multi-channel approach in communicating to students about this opportunity. Gordon College will send students emails and develop a web page for both the application process and general information about the grant opportunity.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund - Institutional Aid
The following information is for the Department of Education as a stipulation of our grant agreements and was updated on July 8, 2020.
Gordon College has expensed all funds related to the institutional portion of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund - Institution Aid.