Gordon College is a recipient of the U.S. Department of Education CARES Act: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund. Per the grant regulations, Gordon College will use the funding to provide emergency financial aid grants to students whose lives have been disrupted due to COVID-19. Emergency financial aid grants to students will help with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19.
As we enter fall 2020, we understand that many students continue to be impacted by COVID-19 including financial hardships - we encourage our returning students to consider applying for funding. Some expenses related to re-entry into campus life may be eligible, please see the below eligibility section.
Gordon College received $655,626 to support students through this effort. As of August 2020, we have provided more than half of our funds to students.
- Title IV enrolled Gordon College student as of March 13, 2020.
- Title IV is defined as US Citizen or an eligible non-Citizen with a valid Social Security number. Unfortunately, the Department of Education has declared that international students are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
- Student incurred expenses on or after March 27, 2020.
- Funding can only support student expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the Coronavirus. Eligible expenses include but are not limited to: food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, child care, unexpected travel and lodging, COVID-19 testing. Funds cannot be used to pay off any outstanding balance or bill with Gordon College.
- A student may apply for a maximum limit of $500, unless an exception is allowed.
How to apply
Use the button below to start your application:
START YOUR APPLICATION
Gordon College Student Life Department in collaboration with the Student Financial Services team will review all applications. A representative from Student Life will make you aware of the results of your application within two weeks. Payment of funding will follow shortly after.
The application process is on a rolling basis. Once funds are depleted Gordon College will update this website and close the application.
Other helpful information
- All questions or concerns should be submitted to CARESAct@gordon.edu
- Funding from this opportunity will not impact or replace work-study funding or financial aid packages to Gordon College.
- Funding received from this opportunity does not need to be repaid.
- Funding cannot support outstanding balances owed to Gordon College.
- Funding from the CARES Act: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund may be considered a taxable transaction and could be reportable to the IRS by either the college or the recipient.
- All awarded payments will be sent directly to the student.