When was the last time you spent a week of quality time with your son or daughter, just the two of you bonding in nature and through powerful experiences, without the distractions of cell phones? Here is your opportunity! Experience days of adventure and challenge, and nights around the campfire focusing on Christ. The La Vida Center for Outdoor Education and Leadership is pleased to invite you and your son or daughter to experience an extraordinary opportunity that will enrich your relationship like never before. Through focused time and attention, organized physical activities, group challenges, and scriptural application, you and your child can enjoy God's creation while shaping memories that will last a lifetime.
- Transportation: All participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the La Vida Base Camp (located just outside of Saranac Lake, NY). Once participants arrive at the base camp, La Vida will provide transportation.
- Schedule: The trip will begin at 4 p.m. on a Saturday and conclude around noon on the following Saturday. Dates can be discussed with the director.
- Training and Equipment: All necessary instruction and equipment will be provided: tents, packs, stoves, water filters, sleeping bags, safety gear, and food.
- Itinerary: Low and high ropes course, rock climbing, swimming, canoeing, hiking, camping, individual and group quiet times, structured discussions, journaling, and goal-setting.
- Participants: Each expedition will include five pairs in total and 1 or 2 instructor/guides. Family pairs can be a parent with a son or daughter between the ages of 10 and 14 years.
- June 26–July 3
- July 11–18
- July 25–August 1
COST: $1,100/pair (includes transportation during the trip, food, equipment, t-shirt and more)
QUESTIONS: Reach out to the ADK Expedition Staff with any questions.
ONLINE APPLICATION: See below.