CURRENT STUDENT TRAVEL
We encourage ALL current students to plan their travel well and make their needs known in advance of any travel period.
Current students get around from campus to the local area, to Boston, and beyond in one of these ways:
|FINDING YOUR WAY: FROM A DISTANCE|
MAIN TRAVEL HUBS–Boston, Massachusetts–Wenham, Massachusetts
Gordon College travel notes
|FINDING YOUR WAY: LOCALLY|
Local area shuttle
1. Gordon College is excited to launch our new transportation system called the Highland Express. In order to personalize it so it fulfills students wants and needs, we ask that students email us at Highlandxgordon.edu with any suggestions or ideas for improvement. During the weekend of Septemeber 7, 2013 the Highland Express took students to the Hamilton/Wenham MBTA station and the Northshore Mall. After running the first Pilot, we are currently in the process of creating a new route for student convienance. Please expect to find the schedule for this weekend published online soon!
The Highland Express Features
Gordon College permits students to register personal vehicles on campus. Parking areas are designated for student parking, day-only parking, and overnight/long-term parking. Many Gordon College students share rides with roommates and friends and with other Gordon students during college break periods (rideshares are posted internally in daily Student News listings accessible by students).
If any current student is not able to arrange their own ride, make use of these listed local transport resources, cannot afford the costs, or they encounter a travel emergency, they should contact their Resident Director or contact the Center for Student Development at 978.867.4263.
Students with Disabilities: if your needs require special accomodation, please contact the Center for Student Development at 978.867.4263.
If it is a real personal EMERGENCY, students can contact Public Safety 24 hours a day at 978.867.4444.
Other private agency transportation options are listed below.
Gordon College does not make any representation or association by posting these services or connections, we do not benefit from student use of these services, and your travel plans and safety, and your contact with service staff is at your own risk. Please exercise good judgment in doing personal business wherever you go in life. We always recommend travelling with a buddy, and letting someone know your travel plans and when you expect to return to campus.
This is a list of some local private transport services offered in the area. Consider making your plans with the option to organize rides with other students in order to keep your costs at a minimum. Some of the ones listed provide the lowest local price (mention Gordon College), and will accept payment from a distance (credit card in advance), and will allow students to share rides with other students (buddy-up). There are a few local taxi services listed in and around the town of Beverly.
LOCAL AIRPORT SERVICES–Getting to and from Boston's Logan International Airport
- Boston North Limousines Airport Service 978.535.7972, $78 (includes gratuity), can be shared (identify in reservation).
- Adventure Limousine, 978.774.2112, $70 (plus gratuity $15), can be shared (please identify).
- Fox Run Limousine 978.535.5189 $85 (includes gratuity), can be shared (identify)
- Michael's Limousine Co. Inc., 978.532.8488, $88.00 (includes gratuity), can be shared (identify).
- Peabody Shuttle (operates on a schedule–$12/1 way or $22/round trip), located in Peabody off Route 1/park+ride
- Kalim Limo Service 1.866.573.1927 $85 for up to 6 students (call for details)