Apply to Science Without Borders

Students may not apply directly to Gordon College for this program. All students are directed to apply through CAPES directly.

Before applying, students should consult with their own university’s office of study abroad or international programs. CAPES, the Brazilian government’s educational funding agency, receives a student’s application. IIE, the U.S. entity charged with administering the CAPES grants, identifies the appropriate U.S. college or university for each admitted student. IIE then forwards the student’s application to that U.S. college or university (for example, Gordon College).

However, if your major is not included in the Science Without Borders program, it may still be possible for you to study at Gordon College. In this case, you are permitted to apply directly to Gordon College, using our international student application. Traditional international student financial aid may be available to international students who do not qualify for the Science Without Borders scholarship.