Any student whose cumulative grade point average is 3.5 or higher, and who would spend at least three semesters as a full-time student under the Pike program, may apply. View the Pike Brochure for more information.
- Download the Pike Application and Pike Honors Application Guide.
- The Guide walks you through the application process, and use this fillable Word form to organize your proposal for clear consideration.
- Print only the Cover Page (for original advisor signatures) and deliver your completed proposal digitally to your academic advisor, and then to the Pike Divisional Faculty Representative and to the Pike Committee Chair.
A COMPLETED PROPOSAL SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Application Cover Sheet signed by advisor (Print this sheet only)
- Four-Year Study Plan by category
- Four-Year Study Plan Calendar
- Any documentation of coursework or other academic experiences you propose to take at institutions other than Gordon College
There is no official application deadline, but students are strongly encouraged to begin the application process very early in the semester, and to submit a fall semester application by October 1, or a spring semester application by the Tuesday following spring recess. A student whose proposal is approved can enter the Pike Program in the semester that follows.
- Consult and set goals with your current advisor, other relevant faculty members, the Pike Committee Divisional Faculty Representative in your area, and the Pike Committee chair. One of the Pike Committee members serves as an unofficial "proposal coach," allowing you to talk out your ideas creatively if needed.
- Research available options and similar programs elsewhere.
- Organize a plan for your courses for all four years of College.
- Write essay: why you propose this project, and how it relates to your sense of vocation, your faith, and your likely career goals.
- Submit all application materials.
- Pike Committee reviews your proposal.
- Students may be asked to develop the proposal further before the Committee makes its decision.
Pike Committee Faculty Representatives
Committee Chair - Jewerl Maxwell, Dean of Academic Initiatives
Education - Janis Flint-Ferguson
Fine Arts - Sarita Kwok
Humanities - David Aiken
Natural Sciences, Mathematics & Computer Science - Russ Tuck
Social Sciences - David Wick
Honors advising - Chris Carlson, Dean of Student Success