HEAVY GAMES SCORING
• The points awarded are based on a 1 – 10 scoring system (or the number of Halls participating).
• The lower the points the better.
• Each Hall has one representative competing in each Heavy Game event.
• The Halls must have 3 males and 3 females competing in the Heavy Games.
• Each participant has three attempts to get his or her best throw.
• All three distances are recorded.
• Only the participant's best attempt is used in the scoring.
• The attempts are then ranked from farthest distance to the shortest distance thrown out of each participants best attempt.
• In this case the farthest throw would receive 1 point and the shortest throw would receive 10 points.
• The number of points a Hall receives is based on what place the participants best throw finished compared to the other competitors in that particular event.
• Once all the throwing events have been completed, the total points from each of the Halls for each event is added up to get the final point total for the Heavy Games.
FIELD EVENT SCORING
• Relay Race – Same (1 – 10) scoring system as the Heavy Games. Fastest time receives 1 point (best), slowest time receives 10 points and all the others receive points based on what place the team finished.
• Tug-O-War – Double elimination. The same point system is used as the other events.