Interlibrary loans are available to current Gordon students, faculty and staff and are used to request books, documents or journal articles not found in Gordon's library. You can request an item owned by another NOBLE library yourself as you are searching the NOBLE catalog. You will need to obtain an account password to use this function.
Please make note of these tips before requesting an Interlibrary Loan:
- If an item is not owned by another NOBLE library, you can search the Massachusetts Virtual Catalog and request the item using your library account password.
- Check the NOBLE catalog first and then the Massachusetts Virtual Catalog before making an interlibrary loan request for a book, video, DVD, CD, etc.
- Check Jenks Library's Periodical List and BPL's E-Jounals List before requesting an article. Note: BPL (Boston Public Library) e-journals are available to Massachusetts residents and students. Anyone can search the e-journals list, but you will need to take a minute to sign up for a BPL E-Card in order to access the journal content.
- If you have overdue items or are delinquent in the system because of unpaid fines you will not be able to pick up your ILL material.
- Students may have no more than 10 active ILL requests at one time. Once a book is returned or an article received it is no longer considered active.
- Allow one to two weeks for delivery. When your request has arrived, you will be notified by email.
Interlibrary Loan Request for:
Contact the library: 978.867.4339 | librarygordon.edu