Gordon continues to be recognized for its commitment to educational excellence and its financial value. Gordon is one of the few Christian colleges to be included in both the Princeton Review’s Best 380 Colleges and the US News and World Report's Best National Liberal Arts Colleges. Quality and value: these are the hallmarks of a wise investment with longstanding benefits. Many schools can tout one or the other, but rare is the institution that offers both.
- Barron’s Profiles of American Colleges
Gordon received the “Ｃompetitive+” ranking in 2017.
- Fiske’s Guide
“Evangelical Christian values are at the heart of almost all aspects of life at this New England college, where faith and religious values set the tone for campus life inside and outside the classroom. The college, founded as a missionary training school ‘to prepare the people of God to do the work of God,’ is always evolving, sharpening its offerings across the board, from neuroscience to music education, and looking to increase its diversity.”
- Forbes Magazine List of America’s Top Colleges
Gordon was ranked 414 of 650 undergraduate institutions across the country, in the top nine percent of all U.S. colleges and universities (out of 6,650 total accredited colleges and universities) in the August 2017 issue.
- Princeton Review
For the sixth year in a row, Gordon College was listed in the Princeton Review's Best 380 Colleges, Best Northeastern Colleges, and Guide to Green Colleges.
- U.S. News and World Report
Gordon College is number 168 in the 'Best National Liberal Arts Colleges' category. Of the many Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) accredited institutions, only a handful meets the stringent criteria standardized by U.S. News. Gordon is one of the select few Christian liberal arts colleges that are nationally ranked. In its 2017 edition, U.S. News also recognizes Gordon as one of the 48 national liberal arts colleges with the largest proportions of international undergrads during the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Colleges of Distinction 2017-2018
For the sixth year in a row, Gordon College received three distinctions for the 2017-18 year: Colleges of Massachusetts Distinction, Christian College Distinction, and a general Distinction for the year. These awards celebrate Gordon's value, strength, and recognition of academic excellence, professionalism, innovation, personal development, and outstanding preparation.
- In 2014, Gordon College’s Department of Education received national recognition for graduating top-quality teachers. The undergraduate elementary and secondary programs earned 14th and 32nd spot, respectively, out of the 2,400 elementary, secondary and special education programs across the country included in the National Council on Teacher Quality’s (NCTQ) second edition of the Teacher Prep Review. Gordon is one of only 17 institutions in the entire country—and the only school in Massachusetts—to have both elementary and secondary programs on the Top Ranked lists. Learn more >>
- In the 2017 edition of College Factual, Gordon College was listed among the top 5 percent of national colleges for Most Focused Foreign Languages, Linguistics, and Comparative Literature; and among the top 10 percent of national colleges for Mathematics, Philosophy, and Religious Studies. Learn more >>
- Out of 1346 national colleges, Gordon was ranked the #5 safest private university in America, according to NICHE Best Colleges 2017.
- Gordon College received The President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll recognition in 2012, 2013, and 2016.
- In June 2013, Gordon was one of the twelve colleges and universities to sign the Green Chemistry Commitment (www.greenchemistrycommitment.org), part of the first national effort to transform university chemistry education. The Green Chemistry Commitment (GCC) is a consortium of universities and industry partners designed to create systemic and lasting change in university-level chemistry education, and to increase the number of green chemists and scientists in the U.S. and the opportunities available to them in the field.
- Gordon College was named to the John Templeton Honor Roll for Character Building Colleges, one of only 100 schools nationwide honored for presidential leadership, spiritual growth programs, and first-year programs.
- Money's Best Colleges ranks Gordon College No. 569 among 711 national colleges in 2017.
In 2016, Gordon was named one of The 50 Most Mission Minded Christian Colleges and Universities by Christian Universities Online, and the Gordon College Athletic Department earned a spot among The 50 Best Christian College and University Athletic Programs.