Gordon continues to be recognized for its commitment to educational excellence and its financial value. Gordon is one of only two Christian colleges to be included in both the Princeton Review’s Best 380 Colleges and in the top 100 of Kiplinger’s 2015 Best College Values. Quality and value. They are the hallmarks of a wise investment with longstanding benefits. Many schools can tout one or the other, but rare is the institution that offers both.
- Barron’s Profiles of American Colleges
Gordon received the “Very competitive+” ranking in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- Fiske’s Guide
“Evangelical Christian values are at the heart of almost all aspects of life at this New England college, where faith and religious values set the tone for campus life inside and outside the classroom. The college, founded as a missionary training school ‘to prepare the people of God to do the work of God,’ is always evolving, sharpening its offerings across the board, from neuroscience to music education, and looking to increase its diversity.”
- Forbes Magazine List of America’s Top Colleges
Gordon was ranked 317 of 650 undergraduate institutions across the country, in the top nine percent of all U.S. colleges and universities (out of 6,650 total accredited colleges and universities) in the August 2015 issue.
- Princeton Review
Best Northeastern Colleges, Guide to Green Colleges (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- U.S. News and World Report
Gordon College is number 158 in the 'Best National Liberal Arts Colleges' category. Of the many Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) accredited institutions, only a handful meets the stringent criteria standardized by U.S. News. Gordon is one of the select few Christian liberal arts colleges that are nationally ranked (the other 322 Christian colleges are regionally-ranked).
- Colleges of Distinction 2015-2016
Gordon College received three distinctions for the 2015–2016 year: Colleges of Massachusetts Distinction, Christian College Distinction, and a general Distinction for the year. These awards celebrate Gordon's value, strength, and recognition in academic excellence, professionalism, innovation, personal development, and outstanding preparation.
- In 2014, Gordon College’s Department of Education received national recognition for graduating top-quality teachers. The undergraduate elementary and secondary programs earned 14th and 32nd spot, respectively, out of the 2,400 elementary, secondary and special education programs across the country included in the National Council on Teacher Quality’s (NCTQ) second edition of the Teacher Prep Review. Gordon is one of only 17 institutions in the entire country—and the only school in Massachusetts—to have both elementary and secondary programs on the Top Ranked lists. Learn more >>
- In September, 2015, Gordon College has been ranked No. 48 among 953 colleges nationalwide in Most Focused for Foreign Languages and Linguistics by College Factual. Learn more >>
- Gordon College consistently outperforms both the National 4-Year Private and CCCU averages in the widely used Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory for both overall satisfaction and conviction that students would enroll again if given the choice (5.9 on 7.0 scale).
- In July 2015, Gordon was ranked the #9 safest private university in America, according to USA Today.
- Gordon College has been named to Kiplinger's Personal Finance's list of 100 best values in Liberal Arts Colleges for 2015. The ranking cites four-year schools that combine outstanding academics with affordable cost.
- Gordon College has made The President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll each year since it was released in 2012.
- In June 2013, Gordon was one of the twelve colleges and universities to sign the Green Chemistry Commitment (www.greenchemistrycommitment.org), part of the first national effort to transform university chemistry education. The Green Chemistry Commitment (GCC) is a consortium of universities and industry partners designed to create systemic and lasting change in university-level chemistry education, and to increase the number of green chemists and scientists in the U.S. and the opportunities available to them in the field.
- Gordon was named to the 2014 Military Friendly Schools list, showcasing the top 20 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans, and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
- Gordon College was named to the John Templeton Honor Roll for Character Building Colleges, one of only 100 schools nationwide honored for presidential leadership, spiritual growth programs, and first-year programs.
- Money's Best Colleges ranks Gordon College No. 525 among 736 national colleges in 2015.
In 2016, Gordon was named one of The 50 Most Mission Minded Christian Colleges and Universities by Christian Universities Online, and the Gordon College Athletic Department earned a spot among The 50 Best Christian College and University Athletic Programs.