I. PROCLAIM GORDON’S MISSION, ENGAGE GORDON’S PARTNERS
- Enhance Gordon’s place in the intellectual landscape.
- Develop and implement an effective marketing plan by April 2011.
- Achieve recognition as a leader in stewardship and sustainability.
- Partner with organizations and leaders in the community.
- Revitalize relationships with parents, alumni, churches and donors.
II. PURSUE EXCELLENCE IN OUR EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS
- Maintain excellent liberal arts education with innovative teaching and alertness to interdisciplinary frontiers.
- Bolster student ambitions in social entrepreneurship and vocation (2012).
- Nurture and sustain commitment to the sciences.
- Expand and leverage role as global education leader.
- Affirm and expand Gordon’s leadership role as a place of innovation and courage in the arts.
- Enrich students’ experience through mentoring and advising.
- Encourage Christian character and spiritual formation.
- Strengthen athletics programs with emphasis on character and drive for competitive excellence.
- Identify and retain top talent in faculty, staff and administration who meet objectives for mission, quality and diversity (2012).
- Measure performance (institutional and human resource) against strategic goals, accreditation standards, operational priorities and benchmarks.
III. BUILD A STRONG FINANCIAL FOUNDATION FOR THE COLLEGE
- Implement an effective recruitment plan to maximize the number of qualified students.
- Develop a competitive financial aid program to maintain access.
- Implement an effective fund development plan in 2011 which includes a comprehensive capital campaign to be undertaken by 2013.
- Improve planning, debt and budget management to provide financial stability.
- Develop and maintain quality facilities and equipment.
- Use technology to sustain campus operations, enhance decision making, and meet student expectations.
IV. ADVANCE MISSION AND EXPAND MARKET WITH INNOVATIVE PROGRAMS
- Strengthen infrastructure in order to expand Gordon’s circle of learners.
- Nurture and expand graduate programs.
- Launch several specific initiatives to reach new learners and increase revenue.