You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering theatre arts are listed below.
- Academic OneFile (Gale) - scholarly database containing journals, podcasts, and transcripts
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) - comprehensive database of scholarly journals
- Biography in Context (Gale) - biographies, related full-text articles from periodicals, as well as images and links to web sites
- Contemporary Literary Criticism (Gale) - critical essays on contemporary authors
- Fine Arts and Music Collection (Gale) - search a subset of Gale Academic OneFile journals covering the fine arts such as drama, music, art history and filmmaking.
- JSTOR - a collection of core scholarly journals, many going back to the first volume. Emphasis is on back issue coverage and does not include the current 3-5 years, unless Gordon has a current subscription to the journal. JSTOR provides long term preservation for journals.
- Literary Reference Center (EBSCO) - information about authors and their works from antiquity to the present day. Sources include books, journals, literary encyclopedias, and other reference works.
- MLA International Bibliography (EBSCO) - bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations with links to many full text articles
- Opera in Video (Alexander Street Press) - Collection of performances of the most studied operas; also includes interviews
- Oxford Reference Online: Performing Arts - Find definitions, playwrights, actors, dramatic movements, and more from Oxford reference titles.
Please log out when you are finished searching. Our subscription allows one user at a time.
- Gordon's Periodical List is a complete list of all journals available through Jenks Library (full text in databases, online, and print).
- You can search for a journal title in Periodical List.
- You can also see subjects under the category of Language and Literature in Periodical List. Click on a subject such as Drama or Performing Arts to view the journals available.
- Print journals are located in the periodicals area on the 4th floor of Jenks. Please note that journals are arranged alphabetically by title, not by subject area.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the NOBLE catalog to find materials on topics in theatre arts.
- If you want to browse the shelves, some related call numbers are:
|| Performing Arts & Show Biz
|| Dramatic Presentation. The Theater
Contact the library: 978.867.4339 | librarygordon.edu