You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering psychology are listed below.
PSYCHOLOGY SPECIFIC DATABASES
- Oxford Reference Online: Psychology - Find definitions, illustrations, and more from Oxford reference titles.
Please log out when you are finished searching. Our subscription allows one user at a time.
- PsycARTICLES (EBSCO) - psychology journals
- PsycINFO (EBSCO) - index for psychology journals, books, etc. with links to many full text articles
- Psychology Collection (Gale) - search a subset of Gale Academic OneFile journals covering psychology.
OTHER DATABASES COVERING
- Academic OneFile (Gale) - scholarly database containing journals, podcasts, and transcripts
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) - comprehensive database of scholarly journals
- Biography in Context (Gale) - biographies, related full-text articles from periodicals, as well as images and links to web sites
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO) - scholarly business journals and publications
- Guide to Social Work, Social Science, and Religion in Periodical Literature - index to periodicals covering religion and social science
Health Reference Center Academic (Gale) - nursing and allied health journals, plus personal health information sources
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition (EBSCO) - scholarly journals in many medical disciplines; includes medical dictionary
JSTOR - a collection of core scholarly journals, many going back to the first volume. Emphasis is on back issue coverage and does not include the current 3-5 years, unless Gordon has a current subscription to the journal. JSTOR provides long term preservation for journals.
Medline (EBSCO) - authoritative health and medical information
- Sage Journals Online - a searchable collection of scholarly online journals published by Sage, covering many subject areas including psychology
More electronic resources are available through Boston Public Library. However, you must first take a minute to sign up for a BPL eCard.
- Gordon's Periodical List is a complete list of all journals available through Jenks Library (full text in databases, online, and print).
- Print journals are located in the periodicals area on the 4th floor of Jenks. Please note that journals are arranged alphabetically by title, not by subject area.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the NOBLE catalog to find books on topics in psychology.
- If you want to browse the shelves, most psychology related call numbers begin with BF.
Recommend a Website - Do you know of a good psychology Web site to add to our list?
Contact the library: 978.867.4339 | librarygordon.edu