You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering political studies are listed below.
- Academic OneFile (Gale) – scholarly database containing journals, podcasts, and transcripts
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) – scholarly database containing peer-reviewed journals
- Biography in Context (Gale) – biographies, related full-text articles from periodicals, as well as images and links to web sites
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO) – scholarly business journals and publications
- Congress.gov (formerly Thomas) - find federal legislative information such as bills and resolutions, activity in Congress, committee information, and more
- Homeland Security Digital Library - documents related to homeland security policy, strategy, and organizational management
- JSTOR - a collection of core scholarly journals, many going back to the first volume. Emphasis is on back issue coverage and does not include the current 3-5 years, unless Gordon has a current subscription to the journal. JSTOR provides long term preservation for journals.
- MLA International Bibliography (EBSCO) – bibliography of journal articles, books, and dissertations with links to many full text articles
- Oxford Reference Online: Politics – find definitions, biographies, events, government structures, and more from Oxford reference titles.
Please log out when you are finished searching. Our subscription allows one user at a time.
- OxResearch – short analytical articles covering world and regional economic and political developments of major significance
- PsycINFO (EBSCO) – index for psychology journals, books, etc. with links to many full text articles
- Sage Journals Online - a searchable collection of scholarly online journals published by Sage, covering many subject areas including politics and international relations
- War & Terrorism Collection (Gale/Infotrac) - search a subset of Gale Academic and General OneFile journals covering war and terrorism, conflicts and their multiple causes.
More electronic resources are available through Boston Public Library. However, you must first take a minute to sign up for a BPL eCard.
- Gordon's Periodical List is a complete list of all journals available through Jenks Library (full text in databases, online, and print).
- You can search for a journal title in Periodical List.
- You can also see subjects under the category of political science in Periodical List. Click on a subject to view the journals available.
- Print journals are located in the periodicals area on the 4th floor of Jenks. Please note that journals are arranged alphabetically by title, not by subject area.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the online catalog to find materials on topics in political studies.
- If you want to browse the shelves, some related call numbers are:
|| Political Sciences
Government Information Selected Sites
– best sites to find government information online for federal, state, international, and foreign levels of government. The list is maintained by Jenks Library.
– Compiles data from such sources as the CIA World Factbook, UN, and OECD. Using a search form, you can generate maps and graphs on all kinds of statistics.
Recommend a Web site – Do you know of a good political studies related Web site to add to our list?
Contact the library: 978.867.4339 | librarygordon.edu