You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering physics are listed below.
- Academic OneFile (Gale/Infotrac) - scholarly database containing journals, podcasts, and transcripts
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) - scholarly database containing peer-reviewed journals
- General Science Collection (Gale/Infotrac) - search a subset of Gale Academic OneFile journals covering science, mathematics and technology.
- GreenFILE - scholarly, government and general-interest content on the environmental effects of individuals, corporations and local/national governments
- IPO Science Trial - online journals from IOP Institute of Physics.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic - news, business, legal, medical, and reference information
- MathSciNet - reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for mathematical sciences literature
- Oxford Reference Online: Physics - Find facts, definitions and more from Oxford reference titles.
Please log out when you are finished searching. Our subscription allows one user at a time.
- Sage Journals Online - a searchable collection of scholarly online journals published by Sage, covering many subject areas including materials science and engineering
More electronic resources are available through the Boston Public Library. However, you must first take a minute to sign up for a BPL eCard.
- Gordon's Periodical List is a complete list of all journals available through Jenks Library (full text in databases, online, and print).
- You can search for a journal title in Periodical List.
- You can also see subjects under the broad category of science in Periodical List. Click on a subject such as astronomy or physics to view the journals available.
- Print journals are located in the periodicals area on the 4th floor of Jenks. Please note that journals are arranged alphabetically by title, not by subject area.
- The American Physical Society's journal collection providing Physical Review Letters, Physical Review, Reviews of Modern Physics and more can be accessed at Hamilton-Wenham Public Library. You must be physically present in the Hamilton-Wenham Public Library, using a library computer or your laptop. Visit Hamilton-Wenham Databases and scroll down to "For Science and Technology" to learn more.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the online catalog to find materials on topics in physics.
- If you want to browse the shelves, some related call numbers are:
|| Science (General)
|| Analytical Mechanics
|| Physics (General)
- ArXiv – Open access to e–prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, and Statistics.
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS) - The Digital Library for Physics and Astronomy contains both bibliographic records and full text journal articles.
- IOP Select - Free articles from Institute of Physics journals selected for their novelty, significance and potential impact on future research.
- NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration home page
- ScienceBlogs - a portal to the leading bloggers from a wide array of scientific disciplines.
- Scitation - Find journal articles, conference proceedings, and other special publications in science and technology. Articles from American Journal of Physics and The Physics Teacher are available because the library subscribes to these publications. Selected articles from other journals are free. Please use interlibrary loan to request articles that are not free.
- WorldWideScience.org - A global science gateway for federated searching of national and international scientific databases and portals
Recommend a Website - Do you know of a good physics Web site to add to our list?
Contact the library: 978.867.4339 | librarygordon.edu