You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering philosophy are listed below.
PHILOSOPHY SPECIFIC DATABASES
- Oxford Reference Online: Philosophy - Find definitions, philosopher biographies, and more from Oxford reference titles.
Please log out when you are finished searching. Our subscription allows one user at a time.
- Philosopher's Index (EBSCO) - an index to scholarly research in philosophy, published in journals and books. The Philosopher's Index contains research published since 1940.
- Religion & Philosophy Collection (Gale) - search a subset of Gale Academic OneFile journals covering different religions and philosophies.
OTHER DATABASES COVERING PHILOSOPHY
- Academic OneFile (Gale) - scholarly database containing journals, podcasts, and transcripts
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) - scholarly database containing peer-reviewed journals
- Biography in Context (Gale) - biographies, related full-text articles from periodicals, as well as images and links to web sites
Guide to Social Science and Religion - index to periodicals covering religion and social science
JSTOR - a collection of core scholarly journals, many going back to the first volume. Emphasis is on back issue coverage and does not include the current 3-5 years, unless Gordon has a current subscription to the journal. JSTOR provides long term preservation for journals.
- MLA International Bibliography (EBSCO) - bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations with links to many full text articles
- Religious and Theological Abstracts - indexes religion and theology
- Sage Journals Online - a searchable collection of scholarly online journals published by Sage, covering many subject areas including philosophy
More electronic resources are available through the Boston Public Library. However, you must first take a minute to sign up for a BPL eCard.
- Gordon's Periodical List is a complete list of all journals available through Jenks Library (full text in databases, online, and print).
- You can search for a journal title in Periodical List.
- You can also see subjects under the category of Philosophy, Psychology, Religion in Periodical List. Click on a subject such as ethics, philosophy, or speculative philosophy to view the journals available.
- Print journals are located in the periodicals area on the 4th floor of Jenks. Please note that journals are arranged alphabetically by title, not by subject area.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the online catalog to find books on topics in philosophy.
- If you want to browse the shelves, some related call numbers are:
|| Philosophy (General)
|| Philosophy, Speculative
- EpistemeLinks - categorized links to philosophy resources on the Internet
- Ethics Updates - resources and updates on current literature, both popular and professional, that relate to ethics.
- PHILWEB - aims to make a variety of resources in philosophy and theory available to researchers.
Recommend a Website - Do you know of a good philosophy Web site to add to our list?
Contact the library: 978.867.4339 | librarygordon.edu