You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering mathematics are listed below.
- Academic OneFile (Gale/Infotrac) – scholarly database containing journals, podcasts, and transcripts
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) – scholarly database containing peer–reviewed journals
- Free Computer Books – free online computer, programming, mathematics, engineering, and technical books
- General Science Collection (Gale/Infotrac) - search a subset of Gale Academic OneFile journals covering science, mathematics and technology.
- Lexis–Nexis Academic – news, business, legal, medical, and reference information
- MathSciNet – bibliographic data and reviews of mathematical literature since 1940
- Oxford Reference Online: Mathematics and Computer Science – Find facts, figures, definitions, and more from Oxford reference titles.
Please log out when you are finished searching. Our subscription allows one user at a time.
More electronic resources are available through the Boston Public Library. However, you must first take a minute to sign up for a BPL eCard.
- Gordon's Periodical List is a complete list of all journals available through Jenks Library (full text in databases, online, and print).
- You can search for a journal title in Periodical List.
- You can also see subjects under the broad category of science in Periodical List. Click on "mathematics" or one of the subjects under "mathematics" to view the journals available.
- Print journals are located in the periodicals area on the 4th floor of Jenks. Please note that journals are arranged alphabetically by title, not by subject area.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the online catalog to find materials on topics in mathematics.
- If you want to browse the shelves, most related call numbers begin with QA.
- Location Guide
- Algebasics – An easy-to-use tutorial in secondary level algebra
- ArXiv – Open access to e–prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, and Statistics.
- The Math Forum – Resources for mathematics educators
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics – Resources for mathematics educators at all levels, including lesson plans from pre–K–12, NCTM standards for school mathematics, some journal articles, links to other mathematics education sites, and math education news.
- ScienceBlogs – a portal to the leading bloggers from a wide array of scientific disciplines.
- Scitation – Find journal articles, conference proceedings, and other special publications in science and technology, including applied mathematics, computational science, electrical engineering, and telecommunications. Articles from American Journal of Physics, Computing in Science and Engineering, The Physics Teacher, and Reviews of Modern Physics are available because the library subscribes to these publications. Selected articles from other journals are free. Please use interlibrary loan to request articles that are not free.
TechXtra in Engineering, Mathematics, and Computing – Access to article citations and full text, Web sites, dissertations, industry news, job announcements, technical reports, e-prints, newsletters, and more.
Contact the library: 978.867.4339 | librarygordon.edu