You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering economics and business are listed below.
ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS DATABASES
- Business Economics and Theory Collection (Gale/Infotrac) - search a subset of Gale Academic OneFile journals focusing on economics along with video feeds from Forbes.com that contain business news and interviews.
- Business Insights: Essentials (Gale/Infotrac) - Business, company and industry information. Use this resource to find company profiles, brand information, rankings, investment reports, company histories, chronologies, periodical articles, and more.
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO) - scholarly business journals and publications covering marketing, management, accounting, finance and economics. Business Source Premier also includes market research reports, industry reports, country reports, company profiles and SWOT analyses.
- Business Source Premier Enhanced Interface (EBSCO) - search features are tailored to help business and economics students with research assignments
- Company Dossier (Lexis-Nexis) – information about over 46 million U.S. and international companies, combined with related news and legal articles
- Country Profiles (Lexis-Nexis) - information on the geography, political situation, and business state of countries.
- General Business File ASAP(Gale/Infotrac) – broker research reports, trade publications, newspapers, journals, and company directory listings with full text and images
- Insurance & Liability Collection (Gale/Infotrac) - search a subset of Gale Academic and General OneFile journals focusing on the liability and insurance industry, covering such topics as labor relations, mortgage banking, and legal issues.
- NBER Working Papers (National Bureau of Economic Research)
- Oxford Reference Online: Economics – find definitions and more from Oxford reference titles. Please log out when you are finished searching. Our subscription allows one user at a time.
- Regional Business News (EBSCO – business journals, newspapers, and newswires from metropolitan and rural areas within the United States
- Small Business Collection (Gale/Infotrac) - search a subset of Gale Academic and General OneFile journals covering small business.
- World Bank Open Data - find data about development in countries around the globe, including World Development Indicators, Global Development Finance, African Development Indicators, and Global Economic Monitor.
OTHER DATABASES COVERING ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS
- Academic OneFile (Gale/Infotrac) – scholarly database containing journals, podcasts, and transcripts
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) – scholarly database containing peer-reviewed journals
- Biographical Information (Lexis-Nexis) – covers biographical sources, people-related news sources and selected biographical stories, obituaries and business related stories covering company executives. Includes obituaries from The New York Times.
- Guide to Social Science and Religion – index to periodicals covering religion and social science.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic – news, business, legal, medical, and reference information
- Newspaper Source (EBSCO) – selected full text for national (U.S.), international, and regional (U.S.) newspapers, also full text television & radio news transcripts
- PsycINFO (EBSCO) – index for psychology journals, books, etc. with links to many full text articles
- Sage Journals Online - a searchable collection of scholarly online journals published by Sage, covering many subject areas including economics and management
More electronic resources are available through Boston Public Library. However, you must first take a minute to sign up for a BPL eCard.
- Gordon's Periodical List is a complete list of all journals available through Jenks Library (full text in databases, online, and print).
- You can search for a journal title in Periodical List.
- You can also see subjects under the broad category of social sciences. Click on social sciences subjects such as commerce, business, economic theory, and finance to see lists of journals available.
- Print journals are located in the periodicals area on the 4th floor of Jenks. Please note that journals are arranged alphabetically by title, not by subject area.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the online catalog to find materials on topics in economics and business.
- If you want to browse the shelves, some related call numbers are:
|| Economic Theory. Demography
|| Economic History & Conditions
|| Industry. Land use. Labor
|| Transportation & Communication
|| Business, Business Administration
|| Public Finance
- Location Guide
- arXiv - Open access to e–prints in quantitative finance, physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology and statistics
- Census Bureau – Social, demographic, and economic information
- Budget of the United States Government
- Business USA – Access to federal government business information, services, and transactions
- EDGAR – U.S. Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings from public companies
- Export.gov – Portal to all export-related assistance and market information offered by the federal government
- Internal Revenue Service – Tax information and forms
- National Income and Product Accounts Tables – View or download data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis
- NationMaster – Compiles data from such sources as the CIA World Factbook, UN, and OECD. Using a search form, you can generate maps and graphs on all kinds of statistics.
- ONET – A database of occupational information – skills, interests, and work activities associated with occupations
- Regulatory Information Service Center – Locate regulations for federal, state, and local government. This site also includes an overview of the rulemaking process.
- Small Business Administration – Discover financing, management, and marketing help from the Federal government.
- State of the Cities – National Urban Policy Report. Data on individual Metropolitan Areas, Central Cities, and Suburbs
- United States Department of Labor
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office – Patent and trademark information
- USPTO Web Patent Databases – Search the full text or front page of U.S. patents
- U.S. Commercial Service – Providing assistance to exporters in the areas of market research, international contacts, etc.
- USA Trade Online – U.S. export and import information on specific commodities *Gordon College Reference Room only. Ask librarian to enter password.
Recommend a Web site - Do you know of a good economics or business related Web site to add to our list?
Contact the library: 978.867.4339 | librarygordon.edu