You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering communication arts are listed below.
COMMUNICATION ARTS SPECIFIC DATABASE
- Communications and Mass Media Collection (Gale/Infotrac)
Search a subset of Gale Academic OneFile journals focused on the communications field – advertising, public relations, linguistics and literature.
OTHER DATABASES COVERING COMMUNICATION ARTS
- Academic OneFile (Gale/Infotrac) - scholarly database containing journals, podcasts, and transcripts
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) - scholarly database containing peer-reviewed journals
- Biography in Context (Gale/Infotrac) - biographies, related full-text articles from periodicals, as well as images and links to web sites
- Contemporary Literary Criticism (Gale/Infotrac) - critical essays on contemporary authors
- Lexis-Nexis Academic - news, business, legal, medical, and reference information. Also covers communication journals.
- Literary Reference Center (EBSCO) - information about authors and their works from antiquity to the present day. Sources include books, journals, literary encyclopedias, and other reference works.
- MLA International Bibliography (EBSCO) - bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations with links to many full text articles
Oxford Reference Online - Find facts, figures, definitions, quotations, translations, and illustrations from over 175 Oxford reference titles.
Please log out when you are finished searching. Our subscription allows one user at a time
Sage Journals Online - a searchable collection of scholarly online journals published by Sage, covering many subject areas including communication arts
More electronic resources are available through Boston Public Library. However, you must first take a minute to sign up for a BPL eCard.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the online catalog to find materials on topics in communication arts.
- If you want to browse the shelves, some related call numbers are:
|| Communication. Mass media
|| Radio and Television
|| Motion Picture
- Location Guide