You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering Christian ministries are listed below.
- Academic OneFile (Gale) - scholarly database containing journals, podcasts, and transcripts
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) - comprehensive database of scholarly journals
- Expanded Academic (Gale) - scholarly journals, news magazines, and newspapers - many with full text and images
- Guide to Social Work, Social Science, and Religion in Periodical Literature - index to periodicals covering religion and social science
- JSTOR - a collection of core scholarly journals, many going back to the first volume. Emphasis is on back issue coverage and does not include the current 3-5 years, unless Gordon has a current subscription to the journal. JSTOR provides long term preservation for journals.
- MLA International Bibliography (EBSCO) - bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations with links to many full text articles
- Oxford Reference Online: Religion - Find facts, definitions, church denominations, and more from Oxford reference titles.
Please log out when you are finished searching. Our subscription allows one user at a time.
- PsycINFO (EBSCO) - index for psychology journals, books, etc. with links to many full text articles
- Religious and Theological Abstracts - indexes religion and theology
- Sage Journals Online - a searchable collection of scholarly online journals published by Sage, covering many subject areas including theology and biblical studies
- Theological Journal Library - online journals on CD available on library reference computers only. Go to computer desktop and open Bible Resources folder. See reference librarian for help.
More electronic resources are available through the Boston Public Library. However, you must first take a minute to sign up for a BPL eCard.
Print indexes are located in the Reference Room and are arranged by title. A print index will lead you to journal articles. When using a print index you will need to search each year separately, unlike an electronic database which lets you search across many years at one time.
CURRENT PRINT INDEXES COVERING CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES
- Christian Periodical Index
- New Testament Abstracts
- Old Testament Abstracts
- Gordon's Periodical List is a complete list of all journals available through Jenks Library (full text in databases, online, and print).
- Print journals are located in the periodicals area on the 4th floor of Jenks. Please note that journals are arranged alphabetically by title, not by subject area.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the NOBLE catalog to find materials on topics in Christian ministries.
- If you want to browse the shelves, some related call numbers are:
Some Biblical Commentaries are available free online. Review the links below to see a list of online Biblical Commentaries. Click on the title of the commentary from either list to view the online contents.
Recommend a Website - Do you know of a good Web site to add to our list?
Contact the library: 978.867.4339 | librarygordon.edu