You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering chemistry are listed below.
CHEMISTRY SPECIFIC DATABASES
- Analytical Abstracts (RSC) - current awareness and information retrieval service for analytical scientists, covering 1980 to present
- Catalysts & Catalysed Reactions (RSC) - graphical abstracts of new developments in catalysis, covering 2001 to present
- Chemical Hazards in Industry (RSC) - information on safety and health hazards surrounding chemicals encountered in chemical and related industires, covering 1981 to present
- ChemSpider (RSC) - find over 25 million chemical structures and their associated information
- Laboratory Hazards Bulletin (RSC) - Comprehensive coverage of hazards encountered by laboratory workers. Includes waste management, occupational monitoring and legislation
- Methods in Organic Synthesis (RSC) - current developments in organic synthesis, providing reaction schemes and covering new reactions and new methods
- Natural Product Updates (RSC) - graphical abstracts of new developments in natural product chemistry
- Oxford Reference Online: Chemistry - find facts, definitions and more from Oxford reference titles, including a chemistry dictionary. Please log out when you are finished searching. Our subscription allows one user at a time.
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) - online scholarly journals, databases and magazines covering chemistry. Please note the library does not have a subscription to the ebooks on the RSC search page. Choose the "Journal Articles" tab to search the RSC journals. Choose "More" from the top RSC menu to find the magazines Chemistry World and Education in Chemistry, as well as RSC databases and ChemSpider.
- SciFinder - discovery tool for chemical literature, patents, and substances
Access is restricted to Gordon College faculty and students.
A one time registration is required for new users. To register, contact the library at librarygordon.edu.
OTHER DATABASES COVERING CHEMISTRY
More electronic resources are available through Boston Public Library. However, you must first take a minute to sign up for a temporary BPL eCard.
- Gordon's Periodical List is a complete list of all journals available through Jenks Library (full text in databases, online, and print).
- You can search for a journal title in Periodical List.
- You can also see subjects under the broad category of science in Periodical List. Click on "Chemistry" or one of the categories under "Chemistry" to view the journals available.
- Print journals are located in the periodicals area on the 4th floor of Jenks. Please note that journals are arranged alphabetically by title, not by subject area.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the online catalog to find materials on topics in chemistry.
- If you want to browse the shelves, most chemistry related call numbers begin with QD.