You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering biblical studies are listed below.
BIBLICAL STUDIES SPECIFIC DATABASES
OTHER DATABASES COVERING BIBLICAL STUDIES
- Academic OneFile (Gale) - scholarly database containing journals, podcasts, and transcripts
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) - comprehensive database of scholarly journals
- JSTOR - a collection of core scholarly journals, many going back to the first volume. Emphasis is on back issue coverage and does not include the current 3-5 years, unless Gordon has a current subscription to the journal. JSTOR provides long term preservation for journals.
- MLA International Bibliography (EBSCO) - bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations with links to many full text articles
- PsycINFO (EBSCO) - index for psychology journals, books, etc. with links to many full text articles
- Sage Journals Online - a searchable collection of scholarly online journals published by Sage, covering many subject areas including theology and biblical studies
Additional resources are available on library reference computers. Go to a reference computer desktop and open the Course Resources folder. See a reference librarian for help.
- Bible Works 7 - concordance and other exegetical tools
- eSword - free Bible study software
More electronic resources are available through Boston Public Library. However, you must first take a minute to sign up for a BPL eCard.
Print indexes are located in the Reference Room and are arranged by title. A print index will lead you to journal articles. When using a print index you will need to search each year separately, unlike an electronic database which lets you to search across many years at one time.
Current Print Indexes Covering Biblical Studies
- New Testament Abstracts
- Old Testament Abstracts
- Gordon's Periodical List is a complete list of all journals available through Jenks Library (full text in databases, online, and print).
- You can search for a journal title in Periodical List.
- You can also see subjects under the category of Philosophy, Psychology, Religion in Periodical List. Click on a subject under Christianity, doctrinal theology, Judaism, The Bible, etc. to see the journal titles.
- Print journals are located in the periodicals area on the 4th floor of Jenks. Please note that journals are arranged alphabetically by title, not by subject area.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the online catalog to find materials on topics in biblical studies.
- If you would like to browse the bookshelves, some related call numvers are:
BT Doctrinal Theology
BV Practical Theology
BX Christian Denominations
- Location Guide
Some Biblical Commentaries are available free online. Review the links below to see a list of online Biblical Commentaries. Click on the title of the commentary from either list to view the online contents.
Recommend a Web site - Do you know of a good biblical studies related Web site?
Contact the library: 978.867.4339 | librarygordon.edu