You can use library electronic resources from any computer on or off campus. See a complete listing of electronic resources by name, provider, or subject. Databases covering art are listed below.
- Academic OneFile (Gale) - scholarly database containing journals, podcasts, and transcripts
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) - scholarly database containing peer-reviewed journals
- Biography in Context (Gale) - biographies, related full-text articles from periodicals, as well as images and links to web sites
- Fine Arts and Music Collection (Gale) - search a subset of Gale Academic OneFile journals covering the fine arts such as drama, music, art history and filmmaking.
- JSTOR - a collection of core scholarly journals, many going back to the first volume. Emphasis is on back issue coverage and does not include the current 3-5 years, unless Gordon has a current subscription to the journal. JSTOR provides long term preservation for journals.
- Masterfile Premier (EBSCO) - general reference publications, biographies, primary source documents, and an image collection
- MLA International Bibliography (EBSCO) - bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations with links to many full text articles
- Oxford Reference Online: Art & Architecture - Find facts, definitions, criticism and more in Oxford reference titles.
Please log out when you are finished searching. Our subscription allows one user at a time.
- Religious and Theological Abstracts - indexes religion and theology
More electronic resources are available through the Boston Public Library. However, you must first take a minute to sign up for a BPL eCard.
- Gordon's Periodical List is a complete list of all journals available through Jenks Library (full text in databases, online, and print).
- You can search for a journal title in Periodical List.
- You can also see subjects under the category of fine arts or photography in Periodical List. Click on a subject to view the journals available.
- Print journals are located in the periodicals area on the 4th floor of Jenks. Please note that journals are arranged alphabetically by title, not by subject area.
BOOKS, DVDs, VIDEOS, CDs
- Search the online catalog to find materials on topics in art.
- If you want to browse the shelves, some art related call numbers are:
AM Museums, Collectors & Collecting
N Visual Arts
NC Graphic Arts, Drawing, Design
NE Print Media (Printmaking, Engraving)
NK Decorative Arts, Applied Arts
NX Arts in General
- The American Museum of Photography - an award-winning virtual museum dedicated to educating, informing, and sharing great photographs.
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Artcyclopedia - Online collections of museums from around the world.
- ArtsConnectEd - resources in the visual arts for teachers and parents, including works of art, audio, video, texts, and interactive tools
- CIVA - Christians in the Visual Arts exists to explore and nurture the relationship between the visual arts and the Christian faith.
- J. Paul Getty Museum
- Metropolitan Musuem of Art - Image collection of important works including European paintings, American paintings, and sculpture.
- Mother of All Art and Art History Links - a gateway to more than 400 sites: academic, museum, commercial, and studio.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- National Gallery of Art - one of the finest collections in the world illustrating major achievements in painting, sculpture, decorative arts, and works on paper from the Middle Ages to the present. Images of more than 6,000 objects in the collection are available online.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum - View images, teaching guides, and other information from this Smithsonian Institution Museum.
- Smithsonian Archives of American Art - History of art in America.
Recommend a Web site - Do you know of a good art related Web site to add to our list?
Contact the library: 978.867.4339 | librarygordon.edu