GORDON COLLEGE RECOMMENDED STUDENT LAPTOP PROGRAM
*Important: The information below pertains to the 2015–2016 Laptop program.
Because of how fast technology changes, we recommend not purchasing new computers until after June 1st to ensure you get the latest model/best pricing. While Gordon College does not require students to have computers, we do recommend that students come to campus with one of the recommended laptops listed below. Laptops enable anytime, anywhere learning. Gordon has complete wireless coverage in all the residence halls and over 150 wireless hotspots available in and around the academic buildings, allowing you to connect to the Internet from various locations. Bring your laptop to class, access your Blackboard class sites and bring your computer home over break to keep up with friends and get a head start on next semester's classes. When you want help with your recommended laptop, it's easy to bring it to the Center for Technology Services for support.
Onsite warranty— services provided at Gordon College's main campus. (4th year coverage available as an option on the Windows laptop)(see below for AppleCare recommendation)
Loaner Laptops—If you purchase the recommended laptop and your computer has a problem, complimentary loaner laptops are available (first come, first served) while your computer is being repaired. (If you don't purchase the recommended laptop, loaner laptops can be rented for $5/day).
At Gordon College, we support both the Windows and Macintosh operating systems. It is up to you to choose which one you wish to bring to Gordon.
Some things to consider when picking which type of computer to bring:
• The platform (Windows/Mac) you are more comfortable using.
• Check with a professor in your major to see if they have recommendations.
• Support options available to you
While here at Gordon, you can get support for both a Windows computer and Macintosh computer. However, you should consider your support options when you are home on break or if you travel with the computer. Depending on your situation, you may get better support if you purchase one platform over another.
Reasons to purchase the recommended Windows Laptop:
• 3 Year warranty (4th year coverage available at an additional cost).
• This warranty includes coverage for Accidental Damage (drops, liquid spills, etc. which are common).
• Onsite coverage while on campus—no need to ship your computer in for repair; the warranty is onsite at Gordon's main campus.
• If you purchase the recommended Windows laptop bundle and your laptop is in for repair, a loaner laptop may be available to you to use during this period (subject to availability).
Reasons to purchase the recommended Apple Laptop:
• 3 Year AppleCare Warranty with onsite coverage while on campus (must purchase AppleCare).
• If you purchase an Apple computer and your notebook is in for repair, a loaner laptop may be available to you to use during this period (subject to availability).
Gordon College has arranged a special price for this laptop bundle which includes a 3-year on-site warranty with laptop damage protection (LDP)*, laptop bag, Ethernet cable, loaner laptop rentals and the Gordon software including Microsoft Office.
To order this laptop you must be an accepted and deposit paid undergraduate student, and you must be planning on attending Gordon College next semester.
Option 1: Click here to order the Windows Laptop
Option 2: Order by phone: Call Frank Cieri at 781.935.1456
Apple Laptops can be purchased from Apple directly. Students can receive their student discount when ordering through the link below or by presenting your Gordon email address at any Apple Store. Gordon College recommends the following: