Welcome to Career Services! As a prospective student, you are encouraged to explore the many and diverse professional development opportunities available to Gordon College students. As you research colleges and universities in your college search, I hope that the Career Services Offices are an important consideration in your final selection.
To better understand what is available to you at Gordon, I suggest that you check out the Career Services web pages for Individual Services, Career Resources and Networking & Events.
The Gordon College Career Services Office offers:
- Individual appointments for academic advising, internship and cooperative education advising, graduate school planning, job search strategies, job search skills (including resumes, cover letters and interview preparation, employer research, and employer and career Internet and print resources).
- More than 35 workshops on career topics open to Gordon students and alumni take place each academic year.
- On-campus recruitment events including a Graduate and Professional School Fair, a Job and Internship Fair, a career exploration fair with alumni professionals, and individual recruitment meetings with graduate school and employer representatives.
- Advice from human resources professionals (HR managers and recruiters) who meet with students to provide resume tips and mock interview practice and feedback.
- Connections with alumni professionals who generously give their time and expertise to help current students prepare for today’s workplace.
- Many career resources including an onsite Career Library, a weekly newsletter, extended office hours two evenings per week, an online career module for current students and Career Ambassadors—trained student interns who provide peer tutorials on resume and cover letter writing and how to use the online career module.
I hope you will visit Gordon College to see for yourself all that Gordon has to offer. When you visit, please include a stop at the Career Services Office in Lane Student Center. We look forward to welcoming you!
Very best wishes,
Director of Career Services